Mapbox provides developers, designers, and analysts with the map tools and libraries needed to make real-time, fast and customized maps to suit a broad range of public and private sector needs.
A global, cloud-native platform:
● The Mapbox platform is built to scale up to 10x peak load. We regularly support 12M+ API calls a minute! (That’s over 17B API calls a day.)
● Mapbox maps update live through a global network of 10 data centers and 100 edge nodes, including a legal endpoint in China. Cars and devices connect to the closest node and access fresh data with 10-100ms latency at guaranteed 99.9% uptime.
● Mapbox APIs and SDKs are fully tested and come with comprehensive documentation. They are built for over-the-air updates, with new features and improvements pushed weekly.
Solutions for online, on-premises or hybrid environments
● Customers can deploy Mapbox.com as an online, cloud-based location data solution for web or mobile apps. Or they can choose to deploy Mapbox Atlas, an offline, on-premises version of Mapbox tools, which works anywhere, including laptops, physical servers, virtual machines, or private clouds.
● Mapbox Atlas works on VMware, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and others. Securely run Atlas behind firewalls and on air gapped or classified networks.
○ Powered by Docker and Docker Compose,
○ Built-in support for both HTTPS and HTTP without a proxy server,
○ Download weekly, monthly, or quarterly data updates with the Atlas Installer.
○ Mapbox Atlas also fulfills the requirements of FISMA, GDPR, HIPAA, ISO, PCI DSS, SOC 2, and SOX.
Rich, accurate data at scale:
● Mapbox maps use more than 130 multi-validated sources for a comprehensive, precise map all over the globe.
● Mapbox maps learn from every application they’re embedded in. Mapbox has over 600 million end-users on our SDKs; we collect 9 billion monthly miles of new data; and we update our map data multiple times a day.
● Every day, we receive 14 billion anonymous sensor readings which we use to deliver precise traffic data and instantly ship over 100,000 daily changes to maps on any connected device.
Unrivaled customization and world-class cartographic design
● Mapbox provides building blocks for engineers and designers to take full control of the maps, navigation or automated driving experience.
● Create a completely custom, on-brand map experience in Mapbox Studio, including customization of both the look and feel of the map as well as the data and content that shows up in the map. Or use nearly two dozen map templates professionally designed by our in-house cartographers and map designers.
Dynamic, real-time map rendering
● Mapbox’s industry-leading map renderer has been in development for over 10 years and uses the latest in OpenGL technologies for on-device rendering. Our maps are built with vector maps - an advanced approach to mapping where data is delivered to the device and precisely rendered in real time. This leads to highly performant yet lightweight maps with maximum flexibility, allowing you to dynamically style and optimize your map based on your custom data.
Data visualizations and actionable intelligence
● Join your own data into Mapbox maps to build data visualizations aligned with your organizations’ objectives and intelligence needs. Data-driven styling and runtime styling let you create fully custom data visualizations that update with refreshed data on the fly and can help you surface actionable insights for your organization.
● Mapbox’s tools are interoperable with other business intelligence platforms your team may already be using, including Esri, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, MicroStrategy, Alteryx, and Kepler.GL.
● Mapbox is built on the principle of privacy first. Our live learning maps only use highly anonymized data. Mapbox does not collect any device identifiers and processes all imagery safely on device. Additionally, we break up trace data to ensure full anonymity of your operation and your end users’ privacy.
Learn more at mapbox.com/maps
Mapbox Atlas brings the power of Mapbox’s online APIs and SDKs (Maps, Studio, Search and Navigation) all behind your firewall and on your on-premises infrastructure. Develop custom mapping and location applications from start to finish in your own private cloud or on-premises infrastructure. Serve fast offline maps securely from your infrastructure, maintain control over search requests and navigate with data behind secure networks.
● Deploy Atlas anywhere, including laptops, physical servers, virtual machines, or private clouds. Atlas works on VMware, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and more.
● Securely run Atlas behind firewalls, even on air gapped or classified networks.
● Make data driven business decisions in high threat environments while still staying HIPAA, SOX, PCI DSS, GDPR, or SOC 2 compliant.
● Atlas is powered by Docker and Docker Compose and has built-in support for both HTTPS and HTTP without a proxy server.
● Download weekly, monthly, or quarterly data updates with the Atlas Installer.
Create powerful visualizations, surface insights, and disseminate information
● Use Atlas for everything from planning ATM locations, to visualizing sensitive customer information, to catching and monitoring fraud. Analyze location data for predictive modeling and risk assessment before disaster strikes. Add location data to FISMA compliant web, mobile, desktop, and AR applications. Style basemaps and custom data with an offline version of Mapbox Studio all while meeting NIST 800-171 standards.
● Atlas provides the same powerful and customizable data visualization capabilities as Mapbox.com tools, including interoperability with other intelligence platforms (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, ESRI, PostGIS, and others).
● Mapbox Atlas provides access to Mapbox Studio to design custom maps and visualizations of your sensitive data. You can publish maps and visualizations to your apps, with Mapbox GL JS and Mapbox Map SDKs for iOS, Android, Qt, and Unity.
Manage on-the-ground response with the Atlas Field Kit
● The Atlas Field Kit allows on-the-ground disaster and emergency response teams to coordinate their efforts even when critical infrastructure and connectivity is impacted.
● The Atlas Field Kit is a complete set of portable infrastructure, packaged to run Mapbox Atlas anywhere, in as little as 90 seconds. The kit comes in a ruggedized case, with power strip, ethernet cord, ethernet and wifi router, and hard drive with Atlas and Studio pre-installed. Just connect the kit to your laptop and a power outlet, and your team can ingest, process and access location data in the field, map out your response, and disseminate information to your teams quickly.
Enterprises that have to solve large, complex challenges at scale can now purchase Mapbox’s comprehensive, high-value datasets to add to any map, platform, or intelligence solution.
● Add administrative, postal, and statistical boundaries to your maps, dashboards, and data visualizations. Mapbox Boundaries consists of multiple data layers that come cartographically-matched, georeferenced, and processed as a Mapbox tileset. Our curated dataset covers everything from Chinese prefectures to French arrondissements to Japanese postal codes. Polygons are fully detailed and edge-matched at all zoom levels, and maintained with regular data updates, for the most accurate data on the market.
● Access Mapbox Traffic Data to add to any map — HERE, TomTom or OpenStreetMap. Build your custom routing engine, automotive platform or traffic analysis solution with industry-leading accuracy for live and typical traffic, drawn from a globally distributed user base of more than 500M Monthly Active Users, continually benchmarked and validated for accuracy.
● Coming soon: Mapbox Speed Limits is a dataset with posted speed limit information for multiple road categories in the US and European countries. With access to Speed Limits data from street level imagery and computer vision detection, best-in-class fleets can easily monitor driver behavior in real time, flag drivers with repeated speeding incidents, and intervene quickly.
Learn more at mapbox.com/data-platform
Turn your users’ coordinates into named locations and named locations into coordinate pairs, plus store the results. Place search and geocoding is tied to everything developers build — maps, navigation, data visualizations, augmented reality — and underlies every app that helps users explore their world.
Search and reverse geocoding
● Mapbox provides an endpoint for performing geocoding, routing, reverse-geocoding, gazetteer search and more. Give your users location context by turning their GPS coordinates into city and place names, or place names into coordinates on the map. You can also give your users the ability to search inside your web and mobile apps.
● Run batch queries, store results in your database forever, and display them on a Mapbox map or anywhere you want.
● Process and edit in bulk, up to 50 lat/lon pairs or addresses. Our default rate limit of 600 requests per second scales with your use case.
● Mapbox Place Search has integrated Foursquare's global point of interest (POI) data to increase coverage, accuracy and relevance for millions of locations all over the world.
● Access better global data coverage, with the freshest content on the types of places that people search for -- restaurants, museums, parks, and more.
● We curate and match Foursquare's data to integrate with Mapbox maps and other search products.
● Monthly data updates to ensure relevant, accurate results that reflect the world around you.
Design custom maps that fit seamlessly into your application. Studio opens up complete design control, allowing you to create beautiful custom maps to meet the needs of your users.
Mapbox Studio & Dataset Editor provide a complete design ecosystem that lets you create, manage, and export maps and custom data. It’s like Photoshop, for maps! Design custom maps that fit seamlessly into your product. You can customize both the look and feel of the map design as well as the data and content that populates the map.
● Mapbox Studio’s Style Editor provides a visual interface that works the way designers think. It offers a point-and-click interface that allows users to granularly control every design detail, including the colors, fonts, stroke widths, textures, data layers, sizes of labels, etc. at every one of the 23 zoom levels of a map. Updates to the map appear automatically in the editor.
● Publish the same map on every platform with fast, native OpenGL renderers for iOS, Android, and the web. Scalable graphics and vector data ensure maps look crisp and fast on every device.
● Mapbox Dataset Editor is a fast and simple data editor that allows users to create data assets to visualize on top of your maps.