Tape technology continues to dominate as the storage industry's preferred form of removable media. It remains the undeniable leader in affordability and reliability with recent advancements such as faster speeds, greater capacities, increased efficiencies, and quicker retrieval times.
During Spectra Logic's webinar, attendees joined Matt Ninesling, Hardware Engineering Director, to discuss the importance of understanding the best practices, pitfalls, and different options for migrating to a more modern system.
Attendees explored the:
- Software considerations and key features to look for
- New tape system advantages that streamline future migration
- Best migration path for soft migration, hard migration, and dual operation
- Solution options in tape migration for new possibilities in tape drive and tape library hardware
- Cost and production savings of migrating away from a system at the end of its development life