FCW Report: Turning the Corner on IT Transformation
The passage of the Modernizing Government Technology Act, recent executive orders and rising citizen expectations for government services are driving home one fact: Agencies need to transform their IT infrastructures – and soon. However, though policy is now aligning with this goal, budgetary challenges continue and legacy applications sap huge portions of agency investments. Clearly, the need for innovative approaches to confront these obstacles and move forward with modernization is greater than ever.
Like all large projects, you cannot start without a firm plan in place. Industry experts from the Dell Technologies strategically aligned businesses offer their insights:
- Steve Harris, Senior Vice President and General Manager at Dell EMC, discusses why agencies must be strategic about balancing daily operational needs against IT transformation initiatives.
- Cameron Chehreh, Chief Technology Officer at Dell EMC, provides an overview of how these agencies must also find a balance between the data center and the tactical edge.
- Keith Salisbury, Vice President for Federal at Pivotal Software, details why agencies should strive for software development at startup speed to meet mission challenges in days rather than years.
- Tim Bock, Dell Public Alliance Manager at Virtustream, discusses how cloud technology can transform the way agencies do business across the board.
- Steve Schmalz, Field Chief Technology Officer of Public Sector at RSA Security, reviews how an intelligence-driven and mission-focused security approach is critical to protecting a modern infrastructure.
- Matthew Schneider, Senior Director of Government, Education and Health Care at VMware, details how agencies can provide continuity across complex environments by decoupling apps from physical infrastructure.
Download this report to learn how your agency can build a roadmap that will achieve IT optimization and drive mission success.