category >> constituent-engagement
May 6th, 2016
Modernizing legacy systems and processes is a key component of innovating public sector services. However, government’s transition to modern architecture is frankly just not as simple as it is for commercial counterparts.
- Constituent Engagement, Customer Experience, Digital Strategy, Public Sector Veteran Support, Salesforce
April 28th, 2016
Today’s government agencies are increasingly challenged to push the limits on the digital experiences they offer citizens while keeping accessibility in mind. It’s not enough to have a website – that site has to be mobile enabled with key information available within just one or two clicks.
- Accela, Citizen Service, Constituent Engagement, Constituent Engagement Seminar, GovDelivery, Zimbra
April 5th, 2016
The 2016 Adobe Digital Government Assembly focused on “Delivering Digital Experiences that Matter.” While digital government is pushing the boundaries of innovation, the end goal is to better serve the community with secure, user-friendly interfaces and experiences for end-users.
- ADGA, Adobe, Adobe Digital Government Assembly, Cloud, Constituent Engagement, Digital Strategy, FedRAMP, Forms, Mobile Government, Open Source
March 11th, 2016
At this year’s Adobe Digital Government Assembly, Michel Laviolette, Senior Director of the Web Standards Office at the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, shared how digital service teams across the Government of Canada worked together to revamp the government’s main portal, Canada.ca, in order to better serve citizens.
March 4th, 2016
What’s next in improving the government’s reach to citizens? Many are finding the answer to that question in the developing environment where public sector organizations and citizens collaborate in support of public safety.
February 22nd, 2016
At a recent government technology event, Peter Coffee, Vice President for Strategic Research at Salesforce, discussed the intersection of technology and behavior in building engaged and connected communities.
February 17th, 2016
The Government of Canada’s fiscal year ends on March 31, so the push for IT managers to spend their remaining dollars on solutions that will improve the efficiency and productivity within their organization is on. The challenges IT managers face this year are very familiar; increasingly, agencies and organizations are being asked to do more with less, dealing with legacy systems, and transitioning to a mobile infrastructure.
- Adobe, Good Powered by Blackberry, Good Technology, Government of Canada, Red Hat, Salesforce, ServiceNow
February 16th, 2016
For many agencies, the key to generating success will be meeting these goals and initiatives in an effective and productive manner. With this in mind, we’ve pulled together some tips on how organizations can make meaningful improvements to their website, and in turn, boost citizen satisfaction.
- Acquia, Adobe, Citizen Service, Constituent Engagement, Customer Experience, Forms, Google, Google Search Appliance, GovDelivery, Liferay, Website Content Management
February 15th, 2016
Throughout 2015-2016, more and more agencies are adding digital experiences executives to their leadership and tying in customer satisfaction goals to their agency’s mission.
- Adobe, Cloud, Constituent Engagement, Digital Experiences, FedRAMP, Innovation in Government, Mobile Government