VMware SOLUTIONS FOR GOVERNMENT FROM CARAHSOFT TM
Storage Solutions for VMware
The VMware ESX Server abstracts processor, memory, storage and networking resources into multiple virtual machines, giving you greater hardware utilization and flexibility. Production-proven for thousands of customers of all sizes, ESX Server delivers the highest levels of performance, scalability and flexibility.
Veritas Cluster Server is the industry's leading cross-platform high-availability solution. With Veritas Cluster Server for VMware ESX, organizations can now provide their VMware ESX environments with a higher level of availability because Veritas Cluster Server monitors the application within the virtual machine, as well as the health and underlying server. With the ability to manage multiple physical and virtual clusters from one console, regardless of platform or location, Veritas Cluster Server can simplify and automate disaster recovery through failover of virtual machines locally or between clusters in remote locations.
Key features of Veritas Cluster Server for VMware include:
- Availability across any distance for VMware ESX environments
- Builds both local and remote clusters for local availability and disaster recovery
- Application and resource monitoring
- Provides a more granular level of visibility and management by monitoring the application as well as virtual resources
- Multi-cluster management and reporting
- Manages multiple, local and remote clusters in physical and virtual environments from a single console, regardless of the operating system
- Leverages VMware ESX advanced features
- Recognizes and works seamlessly with VMotion and VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS)
- Automated disaster recovery testing
- Tests both failover and replication configurations without affecting the primary environment