VMware SOLUTIONS FOR GOVERNMENT FROM CARAHSOFT TM
VMware Data Protection
Improve Your Data Protection Capabilities
Basic data protection is one of the most critical elements of data center management. Problems like storage failure, server failure, and plain old user error cause data loss uncomfortably often. Backup and recovery of your systems and data needs to be fast, flexible, and easy-without taking critical resources away from your systems. In addition to everyday situations, data centers must plan for disaster recovery. Make sure you can easily recover vital data and meet your recovery time objective goals for both major and minor disasters. VMware virtual infrastructure lets you use your existing backup tools and methodologies in a virtual environment while benefiting from:
- Easier, more reliable recovery
- Simplified protection of systems, application, and data
- Advanced capabilities to perform centralized backups without downtime or performance impacts
Recover Data Quickly and Easily
Protect your application and system data on virtual machines using your existing tools and methodologies as well as tools specifically designed for virtual machines. You can even choose to take full-image backups by using third-party backup products that capture an entire virtual machine as a small number of files.
Simplify Comprehensive Protection
VMware virtualization encapsulates a complete system-system configuration, application installation, and data-into a small set of files. As a result, complete protection of systems, applications, and data can be achieved without the complexity of traditional solutions. Systems, applications, and data can be protected with a single set of tools and processes.
Enable Reliable, Non-disruptive Backup
VMware Consolidated Backup provides an easy to use, centralized backup facility for VMware Infrastructure 3. Backing up your virtual machine contents from a centralized Microsoft Windows 2003 proxy server rather than directly from VMware ESX Server lets you:
- Reduce the load on your ESX Server during backups
- Improve the manageability of your IT resources by using a single agent running on the proxy server rather than having an agent on every virtual machine
- Eliminate backup traffic on the local area network by utilizing Fibre Channel tape devices for virtual machine backups