INTELLIGENCE SOLUTIONS FOR GOVERNMENT FROM CARAHSOFT TM
ikeGPS is a mobile data collection solution that fully integrates a high resolution digital camera, laser rangefinder, 3D compass, sub-meter GPS, on-board computer, and photogrammetry software, all wrapped in an IP67, mil-spec tough chassis. This integration is unique in the mobile GIS industry and provides data capture and measurement capability that cannot be achieved by other devices.
Speed and safety are the core benefits of being able to capture location and measurement information, without needing to be physically at the point of interest. ikeGPS allows you to stay off the road, behind the legal boundary, on your side of the river, out of the ditch, or simply out of sight. Locking together a verifiable image of every target is the icing on the cake.
With a single click ikeGPS captures:
- The target GPS position
- The distance to the target via the laser rangefinder, up to 1000 meters
- The bearing and relative altitude of the object via a 3D compass
- A high resolution photo of the target, with cross hairs embedded in the image to verify the exact point of measurement
- A TrueSize image of the target that can be measured via on-board photogrammetry software
Unlike a lot of other data capture devices, ikeGPS natively captures data in multiple common file types. Every data point captured by ikeGPS is stored as a jpeg file with the Exif header populated, a KML file for easy Google Earth integration, and a simple CSV file. ikeGPS captures Shapefiles for ESRI ArcPad and ArcGIS Mobile applications and works seamlessly with the other major GIS back end systems.
Customers deploying ikeGPS technology around the world include:
- The US Military
- US Army Corps of Engineers
- Intelligence Agencies
- Power companies
- Federal governments
- Police forces
- City councils