INTELLIGENCE SOLUTIONS FOR GOVERNMENT FROM CARAHSOFT ™
Digital Reasoning has deployed Synthesys in a number of critical intelligence community applications over the past decade. Refining its technology through these efforts and incorporating patented algorithms, Synthesys is expanding beyond its Intel Community base to address big data challenges in the enterprise market - including Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance Fraud, Electronic Discovery, and Enterprise Risk.
Synthesys integrates with partners and enterprise applications to form an entity-oriented analytics engine in order to take data analysts directly to facts and critical information as opposed to having to read to understand. By integrating a number of formerly discrete text analytics functions and not requiring the creation and maintenance of data models in advance, Synthesys uniquely delivers on the promise of "Automated Understanding for Big Data". In the same way that Siri and Watson transform any human input into a specific question, Synthesys acts on the data-side of this equation to automatically deliver facts and answers, automated and scalable.
Synthesys is the flagship product from Digital Reasoning that delivers Automated Understanding for Big Data. Enterprise and Government customers are awash with too much data. This data has three demanding characteristics - it is too big (volume), it is accumulating too fast (velocity) and it is located in many location and forms (variety). Solutions today have attempted to find ever better methods of getting the user to the "right" documents. As a result, data scientists and data analysts today are confronted with the dilemma of an ever-increasing need to read to understand. This is an untenable problem.
In response to this new set of market demands, Digital Reasoning has developed Synthesys. Synthesys delivers an entity oriented analytics solution that brings together the latest entity extraction and NLP technology, geo and temporal reasoning, and patented associative net along with extreme scalability in order to solve some of today's biggest data analytics challenges. Synthesys works with our partners to deliver a solution that address the volume, velocity and variety of today's big data challenges - Automated Understanding for Big Data.
Features and Benefits
Synthesys delivers a number of benefits including these highlighted below:
- Unified Knowledge Base - Synthesys ingests both structured and unstructured data into a unified knowledge base that combines events and relationships from structured data with the entity-centric analysis of unstructured data.
- Named Entity Recognition - Synthesys automatically "reads" text then identifies and extracts the entities (people, places, etc.) that lie within. These entities are further categorized to get a better understanding of their type to further enhance understanding.
- Geographic and Temporal Reasoning - Synthesys grounds entities in time and space by extracting and relating time and location to the extracted and categorized entities.
- Automatic Associations - Synthesys automatically compares entities in their context to determine different entities that are used in similar ways. This exposes associated terms and potential synonyms - even in coded language.
- Query Augmentation - Synthesys guides information discovery by suggesting associated terms to the focus of the discovery. This process helps the analyst to cover various misspellings as well. Through this process, the analyst query is more comprehensive and meaningful.
- Scalability - Synthesys utilizes leading edge technologies to scale our analysis into the realm of millions or even billions of documents or similar amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Open Integration - Our open API, KBQL, is available which makes it possible for custom user interface and analytics requirements to be satisfied within the Synthesys® platform.