For a wide range of organizations, data holds answers to important questions. If a business wants to know who their best customers are, finding the answer might require analyzing data from six or seven different sources. Similarly, the more access government agencies have to diverse data, the better enabled they are to meet the needs of the public they serve. Fortunately, there is no shortage when it comes to data; in recent years, public and private sectors alike have been inundated with information. Today, most organizations collect as much data in one week as they previously collected in one year. Yet, the bulk of them are unable to take advantage of all that raw data. Estimates of how much raw data organizations use hover at a mere 20 percent, with the remaining 80 percent essentially wasted.