CATBIRD SOLUTIONS FOR GOVERNMENT FROM CARAHSOFT TM
Catbird: Security and Compliance for VMware
Catbird is the industry leader in security and compliance for virtualized data centers. Its flagship product, Catbird vSecurity®, provides the most comprehensive protection of virtual, physical and cloud-based data centers, while helping IT administrators stay compliant with government and industry regulations. vSecurity is a three-time Best of Show Finalist at VMworld, and the first security product to be honored at the show in the Cloud Computing category. Catbird vSecurity has garnered numerous other awards, including the 2009 Reader's Choice Award from VirtualizationAdmin.com, Product of the Year from SearchServerVirtualization, and an Editor's Best from Windows IT Pro.
Catbird's vSecurity provdes fully-automated protection for virtual machines, virtual networks and the hypervisor management network. Administered and controlled by an integrated, single pane of glass, Catbird vSecurity includes a large array of classic security essentials, updated to take advantage of and monitor virtual infrastructure. Protection includes automated vulnerability monitoring, IPS/IDS, Network Access Control, network segmentation and firewalling via TrustZones™ and many other critical security features for virtual hosts and virtual networks.
Catbird has been at the frontlines of indentifying gaps in compliance introduced in the transition from physical to virtual ("P to V") and helping to mitigate any potential resulting risks. Its comprehensive compliance monitoring service is one-stop shopping for IT managers and auditors seeking assurance and documented proof that their virtualized data centers stay compliant with third-party and in-house regulations. Catbird vSecurity audits more controls required by the leading regulatory standards organizations and automatically monitors the widest array of common security frameworks, including default enforcement policies for FISMA, DIACAP, SOX, HIPAA, COBIT and PCI.
Government agencies, financial institutions, healthcare and other regulated organizations are increasingly being tasked with addressing compliance and security issues up-front when mapping out their virtualization strategies. By identifying compliance challenges early on, deployment plans can continue on-schedule with the new virtualized data centers even more securely than the traditional ones they are replacing.
Popular features include:
- Policy driven automated controls for auditing, inventory management, configuration management, change management, access control, vulnerability management, and incident response
- Continuous and automated audit and enforcement to meet the requirements of FISMA, DIACAP, PCI, HIPAA, SOX, etc.
- Vulnerability scanning from inside the virtual subnets, with 100% visibility of all virtual machines
- Automated enforcement and quarantine of out of compliance assets
- Detailed statistics on security and compliance status for each individual asset, zone, virtual host or physical host
- Automated, customizable reports (per compliance specification, per asset or per zone) geared for the appropriate organizational audience (management, operations, etc.) that provide a quick overview or deep-dive to help resolve compliance issues, ease remediation and restore full compliance
- Web-based management
Eliminating uncertainty over secure virtualization, Catbird's protection keeps Tier-1 application deployment plans on track.
Need to know what questions to ask? Start with a Virtual Security Analysis (VSA).